Please enjoy our space and practice with us, but remember it's a shared environment keeping the following in mind:
- Be on time
we can't accommodate for latecomers.
classes are 60 min and other people are making an effort to be on time for class.
5-10 min in advance is perfect!
- Shoes off
it's a clean space
- No phones in the studio area
this is your time to get away from all that ;-)
Give others the space to do the same
- Limit the volume
people are enjoying their own space
- Keep it clean
check if you're not leaving any trash behind;
clean up your yoga mats and props after class
- Hydrate - drink a lot of water throughout the day; you're going to sweat A LOT so your body will need more fluids than it normally would in a different type of exercise class.
- Watch what you eat - we recommend that you allow 2 hours between eating a light snack or 4 hours between eating a heavy meal and taking a hot yoga class.
- Have an open mind, strip away any expectations you carry of yourself.
BRING TO CLASS
- Water - stay hydrated during your class!
- Yoga mat* - sounds silly but you'd be surprised how many people don't think they need a yoga mat for a yoga class!
- Towels* - one for your class (large, you will be lying on it) and another one if you are taking a shower after class.
- Yoga clothes - light and fitted would be best e.g. sports bra/ tank top and shorts.
- Doing hot yoga requires a bit of adjustment; take a few moments after class to re-connect before rejoining the hustle bustle of the city.
- Hydration after class is just as important. The water you consumed before class was most likely was sweated out during class, but think of all those cleared toxins!
- Laundry - Sweating so much requires doing laundry more frequently!
*Yoga Mats & Yoga Towels are available to rent at reception (yoga mat €1, shower or yoga towel €2 each)
Frequently Asked Questions
IS IT BIKRAM YOGA?
No it is not Bikram Yoga. In Bikram Yoga the same 26 postures are practiced in every class ... at HOT YOGA by YOGA DUBLIN no two classes are the same.
Each yoga class is unique to the teacher and their style of teaching. Additionally, Bikram Yoga is practiced at 40°C, our classes are not that hot.
HOW HOT IS IT GOING TO BE?
Our classes are heated to approximately 34°C.
ARE THERE SHOWERS?
Yes. Be mindful of your fellow students and take a short shower at our studio after class.
WHY IS THE ROOM HEATED?
The room is heated to warm the muscles, prevent injury and allow for a deeper release within the body. Sweat is good! The heat will soon become your friend and you’ll adjust accordingly.
DO I NEED TO BOOK A CLASS OR CAN I JUST SHOW UP?
You can book your classes online here or register in the studio. NOTE: We don't accept cash payments in the studio!