It’s December 1st and silly season has officially begun. Welcome to the madness!
The run up to Christmas is such a fun time, crammed full of things to do and people to see. It’s also a period of indulgence, with dinners, parties, drinks and chocolate abound! I say, enjoy, dive in but why not indulge in some self-care so you feel fabulous right through the holiday season.
With being totally awesome in mind, here are my top tips to party season sanity and indulging in the good stuff throughout the month:
- 1. It is so easy to let your workout schedule drop by the wayside when your social life gets busy. Plan your classes and sessions and prioritise movement. Remember, dancing counts too!
- Enjoy the festive food and drink but shop and prep to get the good stuff into your body too. Soups, smoothies and crudités & dips are a great way to sneak in extra veg. Great for maintaining energy, glowing skin and a strong immune system, a variety of fruit and veg is especially important at this time of year.
- Fresh air… yes it’s cold but what a great excuse to buy yourself a new furry pair of gloves and matching scarf! Get out into the elements and get your blood pumping. You’ll be so glad you did and a hot shower will never feel as good as when you come in from the cold.
- Pack your bag the night before or lay out your workout gear so you have no excuses not to venture out to your yoga class. You’ll sleep like a baby!
- Stay hydrated. So basic and so important…. Water, water, water baby!
- YOU time!!!! This essential when life gets hectic. Christmas is exciting, lights and people everywhere and lots to see and do. Taking a bit of quiet YOU time is the perfect way to recharge your batteries and indulge your senses in a bit of calm. A candle light bath or curling up on the sofa with a good book or magazine (with a huge blanket of course) are a couple of my favourite ways to relax at this time of year.
I have just finished booking some classes to make sure they’re in my diary and to avoid the will I/won’t I last minute scenario. I sometimes forget how much my body and mind miss my stretching and workouts when I start skipping. This way I’m guranteed to feel really wonderful throughout the month.
Enjoy the fun!
About the Author
Aisling may work a desk job but loves nothing more than being active and getting out into the fresh air and sunshine. She is a big fan of staying healthy and happy and believes the two are strongly linked.
She fell in love with yoga because of its feel good benefits and continues to reap the rewards of a regular practice every week. She adores the snow and sunshine and indulges in surfing or snowboarding as the season dictates. As a nutritional therapist and a bit of a foodie, she enjoys trying new recipes, looking for the balance between the wholesome and the indulgent!
Aisling has been our Yoga Dublin blogger for over two years and loves sharing her tips and insights for a healthy lifestyle.