September always feels a bit like a mini January to me, a time for new beginnings. Yes, it heralds the end of the summer (sigh) but also an opportunity to kick off new adventures, habits and routines. Luckily, with the weather we’re having at the moment, we’re getting the best of both worlds!
I like the sentiment in the pic above, a bit of inspiration to surprise myself with something new… Today I thought I’d share some tips and motivation to help you get this new season started with a bit of sparkle!
- PayPal – I love to shop online and find PayPal really handy. They are now offering refund of postage for returns. More info here. Great excuse for some lunchtime browsing!
- Check out these delicious Carrot Cake Bran Muffins for brekkie on the go, or a guilt free afternoon indulgence.
- Who doesn’t love some new yoga gear for a new season? Sounds like a perfectly acceptable shopping excuse to me. Yoga apparel can be pricey but I’ve found some great deals and surprisingly good variety in my local TK Maxx. If you’re happy to pay a bit more www.athleta.com have some fab outfits.
- Stepping out of my comfort zone for some excitement, I’m looking forward to my first kitesurfing lesson this weekend! Do something that exhilarates you and maybe scares you a little. You’ll be glad you did!
- I’m adopting a new, relaxing bedtime routine. Ten minutes of quiet stretching before bed is the ideal way to unwind and prepare for a deep, happy sleep. Add some positive thoughts and intentions for cosy dreams. This is a nice video for some ideas.
- Autumn season TV is here!!!! Although I do love Netflix, I’m delighted the BBC and ITV dramas are back. Looking forward to Our Girl on BBC1 tomorrow. Did anyone catch in Poldark on Sunday? Yum!
- Get out and about in the gorgeous “fall” weather. Have you tried the Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk or some of the trails in Glendalough?
About the Author
Aisling may work a desk job but loves nothing more than being active and getting out into the fresh air and sunshine. She is a big fan of staying healthy and happy and believes the two are strongly linked.
She fell in love with yoga because of its feel good benefits and continues to reap the rewards of a regular practice every week. She adores the snow and sunshine and indulges in surfing or snowboarding as the season dictates. As a nutritional therapist and a bit of a foodie, she enjoys trying new recipes, looking for the balance between the wholesome and the indulgent!
Aisling has been our Yoga Dublin blogger for over two years and loves sharing her tips and insights for a healthy lifestyle.