Saffron Hennigan teaches baby massage classes at Yoga Dublin. Her classes allow mothers to learn how to massage their babies and also have a fun morning out. Saffron tries to incorporate her knowledge of reflexology and her experience from her 3 daughters into the classes. She likes to focus on helping babies relax and easing colic and wind. Each class finishes with some baby yoga and a cup of tea!
13 years ago Saffron qualified as a reflexologist. She specialises in maternity reflexology but also sees clients for regular treatments. With each treatment Saffron tries to use her skills as a Naturopath, Homeopath and former Pregnancy Yoga teacher to advise her clients. As well as helping clients with the normal pregnancy complaints, she treats clients who have digestive issues, problems with the urinary tract, migraines, colds and sinuses and female issues. Or some just come for a bit of TLC!
Saffron has qualifications in Reflexology, Maternity Reflexology, Infant Massage, Naturopathy, Pre-Natal Yoga, Children's Yoga and Indian Head Massage. So whenever she is working in Yoga Dublin, she tries to draw on her knowledge from all or some of these therapies.
Phone: 087 991 2945
Saffron instructs the following:
5 Week Baby Massage Course
WHAT IS BABY MASSAGE?
Baby Massage is a carefully balanced combination of Indian and Swedish Massage Strokes combined with Baby Yoga and Reflexology.
BENEFITS OF BABY MASSAGE:
- Relieves Colic, Constipation, Diarrhoea and other Digestion Disorders
- Relaxes baby and encourages better sleep patterns
- Strengthens Immune System
- Improves Communication between Baby and Parent
- Calms Infant and De-stresses
- Helps Tone Muscles Regulates Breathing and Relieves Nasal Congestion
- Improves Skin Texture and Blood Circulation
- Brings Relief for Teething Pain
- Great way to spend quality time with your baby
- Helps you learn more about your baby
- Brings relaxation to the parent who is massaging
Classes are run for an hour a week over 5 weeks. Each class covers new massage strokes, concluding with a full body massage for your infant on the last class. Participants massage their baby while being guided through a step-by-step massage routine. Classes are suitable for infants up to around 1 year old (if they are not too active!).
COST: €120 for the 5 Weeks
- €100 is refundable under some health insurance options.
- Check your policy for more details.
- Receipts given for all treatments.
- Includes handouts and a certificate of completion.
- Includes one FREE mum and baby yoga class to try out!!
Subject to a minimum number of participants registering. In the event of this course not proceeding due to insufficient numbers we will notify you at least 24 hours before the workshop date. We would also require 24 hours notice from you to cancel your reservation in this course.